The Dublin-based European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions examined four of the many issues that have an impact on the process and implementation of CSR: restructuring, subcontracting, the local community and the environment.
The report highlights seven points of action to foster CSR:
* Promoting a "CSR-friendly" social dialogue – which involves the challenge of promoting an expanded dialogue without weakening the traditional social dialogue;
* Rethinking the governance both at company and society level;
* Enabling the actors to play their role – by creating appropriate structures and improving stakeholders’ skills for efficient CSR discussions;
* Promoting not only the external, but also the internal aspects of CSR in companies;
* Intensifying the dialogue – as it is no longer sufficient to focus only on consumers;
* Fostering CSR among SMEs – which could be enhanced via supplier chains;
Promoting CSR as a tool to anticipate change – in order to be prepared for the effects of restructuring on employees.