EFRAG has published its first three draft ESRS Implementation Guidance documents for public feedback. Draft EFRAG IG 1 deals with the requirements on the materiality assessment in ESRS and Draft EFRAG IG 2 with the value chain aspects in ESRS. Draft EFRAG IG 3 contains the detailed ESRS datapoints as a Microsoft Excel workbook with an accompanying explanatory note.
Stakeholders can provide feedback by accessing the relevant surveys by 2 February 2024.
As anticipated, EFRAG has today issued its draft ESRS IG documents for public consultations for 30 days, neutralised for the holiday period.
The EFRAG SRB prioritised three documents, to cover the most challenging aspects of ESRS implementation:
- Draft EFRAG IG 1: Materiality assessment implementation guidance here
- Draft EFRAG IG 2: Value chain implementation guidance here
- Draft EFRAG IG 3: Detailed ESRS datapoints implementation guidance here and accompanying explanatory note here.
These documents are non-authoritative and support implementation as follows:
- Draft IG 1, the MAIG describes the reporting requirements on the materiality assessment including the illustration of possible steps of the process. It also contains FAQs on the double materiality assessment to provide implementation guidance from a practical perspective.
- Draft IG 2, the VCIG describes the reporting requirements on the value chain during the materiality statement, for impacts, risks and opportunity management as well as metrics and targets. It discusses the reporting boundary of the group for sustainability reporting including operational control. The VCIG also contains FAQs to provide further information and the ‘value chain map’ summarises the VC implications per disclosure requirement.
- Draft IG 3, the draft List of ESRS datapoints presents the complete list of the detailed requirements contained in each Disclosure Requirement and related Application Requirements in an Excel format. The file has additional information (columns) useful to navigate and filter the content (i.e., the corresponding paragraph and sub-paragraphs of each item). This list can form a basis of a data gap analysis.
Stakeholders are invited to provide feedback on the draft implementation guidance documents by completing the respective surveys:
- Draft EFRAG IG 1: Materiality assessment implementation guidance survey
- Draft EFRAG IG 2: Value chain implementation guidance survey
- Draft EFRAG IG 3: Detailed ESRS datapoints implementation guidance survey
A pdf of each of the surveys are available here:
- EFRAG survey on (draft) IG 1 MAIG.pdf
- EFRAG survey on (draft) IG 2 VCIG.pdf
- EFRAG survey on (draft) IG 3 List of ESRS datapoints.pdf
Stakeholders can provide feedback till 2 February 2024.